For those of you who want something along the lines of ready-to-eat but also want to spice things up a bit, this recipe will definitely help!
This Homemade Cheesy Corned Beef Pie recipe is a great idea for your breakfast to start off your busy day, or for afternoon cravings when you just want to have a great time with your loved ones.
This article will help you create something a little special and a little cheesy out of the ordinary corned beef you usually have stored in your homes. This is quite easy and will surely level up your food trip greatly at the same time!
So be sure to read on and see what’s in store for your next big breakfast or your afternoon merienda session. Undoubtedly, it’s a good surprise for your family and friends, especially to the chikitings!
What is Cheesy Corned Beef Pie?
Corned beef–in case you don’t know–is canned food famous here in the Philippines made out of shredded beef or buffalo meat. This is popular since it’s really easy to prepare, you can even just heat it in the microwave and you’re set for a meal.
It is also quite cheap and available anywhere you go. You can typically get them in your nearest local stores, groceries, or supermarkets. There are a lot of ways we can make use of corned beef in different recipes. Usual ones include cooking it with egg and fried rice, and also some potatoes.
Now if you want to be different, and you’re feeling a little extravagant, here is something rather uncommon to most people yet.
We are about to stray away from the usual corned beef plus egg and fried rice combo because we are going to put corned beef inside a filling loaded with cheese! And thus, we call it homemade cheesy corned beef pie!
How To Cook Cheesy Corned Beef Pie?
It is super easy to make as we are only going to use ingredients which you can almost get from any store. So be sure to ready up these: white bread, canned corned beef, eggs, crackers, and cheese.
Go and get your fresh eggs, crack them open, and put them in a bowl. You will need to beat them thoroughly until you get a nice consistency. Set that aside, proceed to ready your cheese and slice it into thin strips.
It’s best to make sure that it will fit the center of a piece of white bread when it’s folded in half, as we don’t want to have a messy pie once it’s all done.
Next up, we are going to prepare our cooking pan. Heat a small amount of oil in it and toss in the corned beef. Take note that the corned beef you choose is entirely up to you, depending on what your preferred taste is. Saute the corned beef for about two minutes, or until the liquid from the corned beef evaporates.
Ready your white bread, make sure what you’re using is fresh. Remove the edges of the bread and flatten it.
You can use a rolling pin in doing this to make things easier and faster.
Get your biscuits or crackers–again, any of your preferred brands–and crush them and proceed to transfer it to a small bowl or container. Now, place the cooked corned beef and strip of cheese on one side of the bread and then fold it.
You can use a fork to flatten the edges of the bread to seal it. A little amount of water can be poured on the edges to help secure your seal.
Once we’re done with the pie, the next step is to dip it into the beaten egg, and then into the crushed crackers. Be sure that the whole pie is fully dipped to both of the egg and crushed crackers so it is well-coated. Just repeat the process if you made a couple more pies.
Lastly, heat oil in a cooking pan and toss in the corned beef pies. Just wait for them to cook until a golden brown color of the filling is achieved. All that’s left to do is serve them and enjoy the mouth-watering goodness in every bite!
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Homemade Cheesy Corned Beef Pie Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 8 pcs white bread, (tasty bread)
- 2 small cans corned beef
- 2 pcs eggs
- 2 packs crackers, you can use brands like Skyflakes or Magic Flakes
- Cheese, you can use brands like Eden or Ques-o
- In a small mixing bowl, crack and beat the eggs.
- Slice cheese into strips, make sure it fits the center when the bread is folded in half.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and fry the corned beef, until the liquid evaporates.
- Cut out the edges of the bread and flatten it using a rolling pin or any similar object.
- Crush the crackers and transfer it to a shallow container.
- To assemble the pie, place some corned beef and a strip of cheese on one half side of the bread. Fold the bread and seal the edges using the tip of a fork. Adding some water on the edges will help secure the seal.
- Dip the pie on the beaten egg, then dip it into the crushed crackers. Make sure the pie is fully coated. Repeat this process for the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the pies until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂