Learn how to make these tasty and irresistible Homemade Hotdog Bread Rolls! These rolls are super easy to make and are a perfect breakfast or merienda with your family. Surely, you and the kids will be happy and full after munching down these bread rolls.
Read on to see some tips and some trivia about the hotdog bread rolls.
What are Hotdog Bread Rolls?
Hotdog bread rolls are an upgrade from the usual hotdog and bread combo you eat for breakfast.
It is made out of the common red hotdogs made here in the Philippines, and is then drizzled with cheese and made into a roll using bread covered with eggs and some breadcrumbs. It can be made for your breakfast, afternoon snack, or for a small business right at home.
How to Make Homemade Hotdog Bread Rolls?
This recipe is super quick and easy to make! Imagine you’re making your own little and simple project at home. It is super fun to make, and very rewarding because you’ll be eating a very delicious breakfast or a snack afterwards. To start:
First, you are going to prepare the ingredients. All you have to do is to cut the hotdogs and flatten the breads. And if you don’t have some ready breadcrumbs with you, you can go ahead and make them.
Second, you need to wrap the hotdogs into the bread roll and then cover them with eggs and breadcrumbs. Don’t forget to put a generous amount of cheese. This will make the bread roll crunchy and tasty once they are fried.
And last, we are going to deep fry them until they are crispy and golden brown.
Hotdog Bread Roll Tips:
- You don’t need to have super fine pieces of breadcrumbs! If you have a food processor with you, then that’s good, since you can use that to make fine breadcrumbs. But if not, it is completely fine and you can just manually tear apart the bread into smaller and smaller pieces until you’re satisfied. Another option is to buy ready-made breadcrumbs, if there are some available near you.
- You can use popsicle sticks or barbecue sticks to make it easier and more appealing. Once you’re finished arranging the bread rolls, skewer them with popsicle sticks or barbecue sticks so it will be easier to dunk them into the eggs and breadcrumbs. It will be easier to fry and easier to hold too.
Notes on Ingredients
The hotdogs used in this recipe are the traditional red hotdogs we Filipinos are used to. But if you’re feeling a bit extravagant and want some more flavorful but more expensive sausages, go for it. A nice Hungarian sausage drizzled with cheese that melts in your mouth is also something to die for.
The cheese used here is the most common and readily available in most households and in nearby local markets, but any kind of cheese is welcome for this recipe. It is more delicious when the cheese is melted, but it still depends on the preference.
You can make the cheese as a topping after you cook the bread rolls for that extra cheesy goodness! You can add grated cheese or even a cheese sauce as a dip if you like. The good old ketchup and mayonnaise can be a nice addition too if you want that classic taste of a hotdog street food.
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Homemade Hotdog Bread Rolls Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 10 pcs hotdog
- 10 pcs tasty bread (white bread loaves)
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup cheese spread, or as needed (Cheez Whiz or Cheezee)
- 2 cups cooking oil, or as needed, for frying
- In a flat working space, place the tasty breads and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Add-in cheese spread (about 2 tsp) and sliced hotdog into a flat piece of half tasty bread and make it into a roll. Repeat this step for the rest of the ingredients.
- In two separate bowls, add-in the beaten eggs, and the breadcrumbs separately
- Dunk the rolls into the beaten eggs, and then dredge with breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- In a cooking pan, pour-in and heat oil over low to medium heat.
- Add-in the hotdog bread rolls. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving tray or serving plate. Drizzle with cheese spread. Serve and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂