Are you ever curious about the fried sandwiches that you always see when you go to Mini Stop, just the ones beside their famous and delicious fried chicken? Turns out, it is really simple and easy to make, and you can probably make one now at home, since the ingredients are so common. So read this recipe article and learn how to make the Kariman now, Mini Stop style!
What is Kariman?
Kariman, according to what I’ve read, is short for the japanese term karinto manjyu which is a sweet cake treats which originated in Japan. However, this is nowhere near similar to what we got used to eating when we want a quick snack at the convenience store called Mini Stop.
This version is made from simple ingredients, like the tasty bread, eggs, and simple fillings such as corned beef and ham. Wherever the origin of this version of kariman came from, we do not know, but we do know that it is delicious enough to fill our hungry afternoons!
How to Make Homemade Kariman?
It is super easy to make as we are only going to use ingredients which you can almost get from any store. So be sure to ready up these: white tasty bread, corned beef, ham, eggs, breadcrumbs and cheese.
Have the eggs ready and put them in a bowl. You will need to beat them until you get a nice consistency. Set that aside, proceed to ready your cheese and slice it into small pieces.
Next up is the corned beef, so we are going to prepare our cooking pan. Heat a small amount of oil in it and toss in the corned beef.
Take note that the corned beef you choose is entirely up to you, depending on what your preferred taste is. Cook the corned beef for about two minutes, or until the liquid from the corned beef evaporates.
Prepare the tasty bread, and make sure what you’re using is fresh. What you need to do is to flatten the bread. You can use a rolling pin in doing this to make things easier and faster.
For the breadcrumbs, there are packs of these which you can buy from stores, but you can also make your own by tearing the bread apart until you get fine pieces. It does not necessarily need to be super fine.
Now, the fun part is arranging the kariman. Mix the beaten eggs with the fresh milk in a bowl. Lightly grease the edges of the flattened bread, and then put the ham slice, fitting one side of the bread.
Proceed to adding the cheese slices and then the corned beef. Seal the bread diagonally and then press the edges with a fork to make sure that the seal is tight. Just repeat this for the rest of the ingredients.
Once we’re done with arranging the kariman, the next step is to dip it into the egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumbs. Be sure that the whole pie is fully dipped to both of the egg and crushed crackers so it is well-coated. Just repeat the process if you made a couple more pies.
Lastly, heat oil in a cooking pan and toss in the kariman. Just wait for them to cook until a golden brown color is achieved. And that’s it, you don’t need to go to the convenience store just to eat one of these anymore!
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Homemade Kariman Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 10 pcs tasty bread (white bread)
- 5 slices ham, cooked and cut diagonally
- 1 can corned beef, cooked
- 100 g cheddar cheese, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 3 pcs egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil, for frying
- In a bowl, add-in the beaten eggs, and fresh milk. Mix until well-incorporated. Set aside.
- In a flat workspace, place the tasty bread pieces and flatten each one using a rolling pin.
- Brush the edges of the bread with the egg mixture, and then place the ham, cheddar cheese, and a portion of the corned beef (about 1 tbsp). Fold the bread diagonally and seal the edges by pressing the edge using a fork. Repeat for the rest of the ingredients.
- Dip the bread pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge with the breadcrumbs.
- In a cooking pan, pour-in and heat cooking oil over low to medium heat.
- Add-in the bread pieces. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serving tray. Serve and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂