Here’s something you can eat if you’re hungry in the house and whenever you’re bored on a lazy afternoon because it’s super easy to make, and the ingredients are likely to be available at your disposal–the Homemade Pizza Bread Rolls!
Spice up your afternoon snacks and enjoy it with your family by wrapping up the savory flavors of your favorite pizza into one delicious looking bread roll!
So what are you waiting for, continue to read this recipe article to see some trivia about this easy homemade snack along with tips and tricks to make it even a better experience.
What are Pizza Bread Rolls?
Pizza bread rolls are basically a mix of two different types of food which is combined to get the best of both.
Bread rolls, in other countries, are commonly made as an accompaniment for other dishes, and are usually made to be plain, only with subtle flavoring such as a butter spread, just to complement the main course about to be eaten. But some variations include having fillings inside the bread rolls, which opens up a whole lot of ideas and flavors for us to discover.
Pizza, on the other hand, is basically a food invented in Italy which is a flatbread served with different kinds of toppings.
But in this recipe, we are not going to use an actual pizza. Instead, we are going to use the popular pizza sauce that you can find in your local stores and we are now going to make it into a nice bread roll. This way, we are still enjoying the delicious flavor of the pizza in a fun-sized appetizer or even a snack.
Love pizza? Here’s another pizza recipe you can try: Puto Pizza Recipe
How to make Pizza Bread Rolls?
You can make pizza bread rolls anytime you want in a jiffy since most of the ingredients used here are likely to be available and ready in your kitchen.
To start, the steps we need to think about are to ready up the bread rolls we are going to make, cut the pizza ingredients we are going to use, wrap them up in a nice fitted roll, and then deep fry to perfection.
When slicing up the ingredients, make sure that they are in sizes which will fit the bread. These breads can vary in sizes depending on what type of bread you used. Here in this recipe, we used the popular type of bread here in the Philippines which is the tasty bread. So do take note of that.
Notes on Ingredients
Alternative ingredients such as tomato sauce or even pasta sauce can be used instead of the actual pizza sauce, in case you prefer a different taste for the bread rolls or there are no pizza sauces available near you.
But if you want fresher ingredients for the sauce, you can use actual tomatoes which you can then turn into purees, and then seasoned with whatever ingredients you choose.
You can add or replace other types of meat for this recipe, such as sausages or even ground meat, if hotdogs are not available in your area.
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Homemade Pizza Bread Rolls Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 10 pcs white bread, (tasty bread)
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise
- 5 pcs ham slices, cut in half
- 1 pc red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pc green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup pizza sauce, (or tomato sauce)
- processed cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup water, for simmering
- 1 cup cooking oil, for frying
- In a cooking pan, pour-in water and bring to a boil over low to medium heat.
- Add-in the hotdogs. Simmer for 5 - 7 minutes and then set aside.
- Cut out the edges of the bread and flatten it using a rolling pin or any similar object.
- In a flat workspace, place the flattened bread.
- Spread pizza sauce (about 1 tbsp) all over the top of the bread and then add-in a hotdog strip, a half ham slice, red bell pepper strips, green bell pepper strips, and cheese strips at the bottom part of the bread. Roll the bread upwards, wrapping the fillings, to form a log shape. Repeat the step for the rest of the ingredients.
- In two separate bowls, add-in the beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs separately.
- Dip the bread rolls into the beaten eggs, and then into the breadcrumbs.
- In a cooking pan, pour in and heat oil over medium heat.
- Add-in the bread rolls. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serving tray. Dry with paper towels, serve and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂