If you ever dreamed of making a sweet and very delicious chocolate cake at home, but don’t have enough equipment to do so, then this one is a must-try! This is called the No Bake Chocolate Cake.
The good thing about this cake is we do not need an oven to bake it, just a good old steamer will do! I’m sure most Filipino households have a steamer, so you can now make your loved ones or give your friends something special, and this is definitely one thing to be proud of.
What is a No Bake Chocolate Cake?
The “no bake chocolate cake” or the “no oven chocolate cake” is a dessert or cake recipe which is currently making its trend all over the world. And the good part is it is also growing popularity here in the Philippines, too.
This is because it is so easy to make and it only takes your usual baking ingredients to make this incredibly delicious cake. This is mainly made of evaporated milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and the usual things like flour, baking powder, and baking soda to make the cake.
The popularity of no bake cake is rapidly growing all around the world, hence, various kinds of no bake recipes such as this one are made. This is a method which a lot of people use because it removes the hassle of acquiring and using an oven just to prepare a cake.
Especially here in the Philippines, the use of a rice cooker-slash-steamer is more common, and most people do not feel the need to use a baking oven on a daily basis so it is not accessible to a lot.
How to Make a No Bake Chocolate Cake?
Making this chocolate cake is crazy easy. The recipe has it also broken down for you in easy steps.
But to start, think about the two main steps, that we are going to do when doing this recipe, this is for you to visualize the procedure easier: First is to combine all of the initial ingredients first to make the cake batter, and second is to steam the cake and do the frosting one while waiting for the steam to be finished. And that’s pretty much it!
When mixing the ingredients, it is important that the mixture becomes nice and smooth, without any lumps. You can manually do this by whisking with a fork or a whisk. You do not need to exhaust yourself by whisking it super fast, but do take note that it will take quite some time before it becomes super smooth. But another option is to use an electric mixer if you have it available with you, to make the task even easier.
No Bake Chocolate Cake Tips:
- You can save time making this chocolate cake by doing the cake procedure and the frosting procedure simultaneously. While you are waiting for the steaming of the cake to be finished, you can already start with the frosting and even cook it. Just remember to check the steam from time to time to see if the cake is already being burnt.
- As for the presentability of the cake, you can add more toppings to the cake, such as cocoa powder, cacao nibs, and chocolate bits. This makes the cake more pleasing to the eyes, and it also adds more chocolatey flavor, which everybody likes!
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
No-Bake Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 pcs eggs
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the steamer.
- In a bowl, add-in the vinegar, evaporated milk, and water. Mix until well-blended. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, sift-in the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Then add-in the sugar, and salt. Mix until well-incorporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add-in the eggs, vanilla extract, and the milk mixture. Whisk continuously while slowly adding in the flour mixture, until well-incorporated.
- In a baking pan or cake pan lined with wax paper and greased with oil, transfer the batter and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Steam for 50 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serving tray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add-in the evaporated milk, sugar, all-purpose cream, cocoa powder, and all-purpose flour. Mix until well-incorporated.
- In a cooking pot over medium heat, strain the mixture and cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Add-in the butter and cook until the mixture becomes thick. Set aside and let it cool.
- Cut the cake in half lengthwise and then spread the frosting on top of one half, and then place the other half on top of the frosting. Then spread the frosting on top once again, and also the sides until coated.
- Let it chill. Serve and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂