Mushrooms as an ingredient for dishes are certainly intriguing. Who would’ve thought that it can be partnered with burgers or made into a sauce?
I, for sure, was surprised how versatile the ingredient can be when I was still a child. And now, there’s another new gimmick you can try with the oyster mushrooms, and that is to make them into delicious and irresistible nuggets!
Add this unique, sure hit easy-to-prepare dish into your recipe arsenal and learn how to make the Oyster Mushroom Nuggets now!
What are Oyster Mushroom Nuggets?
The oyster mushroom nuggets is basically like chicken nuggets—but is made out of, well, mushrooms. This is an alternative option if you want to have a lunch or dinner that is easy to prepare and cook, but want to make it healthier than usual.
These nuggets are made into nuggets with the use of all-purpose flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs, along with seasonings and spices such as salt and pepper, cheese, and onions.
The oyster mushroom is a popular ingredient and is an edible mushroom commercially available all around the world, so it’s easy to get your hands on this. It was originally cultivated in Germany and has since then been distributed all around the world.
Presently, these mushrooms are commonly used as seasonings for other popular dishes, but they are also used as an alternative for those who try to avoid meat and go for a healthier choice.
They are also a rich source of vitamins, minerals, protein, and antioxidants. It helps strengthen your immune system and also helps prevent chronic diseases.
How to cook Oyster Mushroom Nuggets?
You will be able to prepare and cook this dish in a matter of minutes. First thing you do is to make the mixture along with the oyster mushrooms and shape it into nuggets.
Once that’s done, if the mixture is not holding its shape for too long and you feel like it’s going to fall off, you can place it and chill in the refrigerator first.
Then, all you have to do is fry the nuggets in a cooking pan with oil. Make sure that all of the sides are cooked evenly so you have the perfect and delicious oyster mushroom nuggets.
Go ahead and eat them with rice or bread, yum!
Oyster Mushroom Nugget Tips:
- You can do some of the steps ahead of time. If you think that you are going to be too busy to prepare all of these in one sitting, you can do some of the steps at an earlier time such as mixing the ingredients and forming it into nuggets, since it is advisable to chill the nugget mixture in the refrigerator anyway. So that once you have the time to cook, everything is already set.
- You can make the breadcrumbs manually or through the use of a food processor. Some places sell packs of ready-to-use breadcrumbs, but if it is not available, don’t worry because you can make it yourself. It does not have to be ground into very fine pieces, tearing the bread into small pieces by hand will do.
This recipe also includes a video below. You can also visit our Youtube channel for more recipes!
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Oyster Mushroom Nuggets Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 300 g oyster mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup processed cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 pcs small onion, chopped
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- thyme, (optional)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a large bowl, add in the oyster mushrooms, and onions. Then add in the beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, all-purpose flour, black pepper, thyme, salt and pepper, and cheese. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Scoop a part (1 tbsp) of the mixture and then make a round shape. Repeat for the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in a freezer and let it chill for 10 minutes.
- In a cooking pan, pour in and heat cooking oil over low to medium heat.
- Add in the oyster mushroom nuggets. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving tray or serving plate. Dry excess oil with paper towels. Serve with a dip of your choice and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE below and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂