A sweet treat you can make out of lumpia wrappers? In this world, there is truly nothing that you can’t do! Because now, you can even make a sweet and delectable treat of the famous spring rolls–the Chocolate Turon or Chocolate Lumpia. It is both crunchy and sweet, a truly satisfying feat in food you eat.
So continue to read the article below to see some tips and some trivia about the trending Chocolate Turon and have a good afternoon snack bonding with your family.
What is Chocolate Turon (Chocolate Lumpia)?
Chocolate Turon (Chocolate Lumpia) is a variation of the traditional spring rolls that is made as a snack or a dessert. Instead of the usual veggies or the usual meat fillings, this one uses a chocolate mixture made into a filling and then wrapped in the lumpia wrappers.
This can be partnered with drizzled chocolate sauce or some other sweeteners like powdered sugar.
How to Make Chocolate Turon (Chocolate Lumpia)?
Making the chocolate turon is a straightforward task. You don’t have to do anything special or out of the ordinary to make one.
To start, the procedure can be broken down in three main processes: First, you have to mix the ingredients to make the chocolate filling. Second, you have to wrap the chocolate filling with the lumpia wrappers. And last, you have to deep fry the chocolate lumpia.
For the hot water, you can simply heat the water in an electric kettle if you have that available with you. If not, just bring it to a boil in a pot before you start the whole procedure of making the chocolate spring rolls.
Chocolate Turon Tips:
- Use a small amount of cornstarch diluted in water to easily seal the wrappers. You might have trouble sealing the wrappers because it does not hold together, so this is the solution for that. Simply damp the edge when you’re going to seal the wrappers so it will stick easily.
- Cut the lumpia wrappers in half. If you think that 1 serving of the chocolate spring roll is too large, you have the option to do this, and you can manage the wrappers easily. Also, this is the better choice especially if you’re going to put up a small business and sell these.
Notes on Ingredients
If you want to have a more economical approach for this recipe, you can substitute the butter with the margarine. They are similar in texture and will almost taste the same so it is entirely up to you if you want that as an alternative.
Chocolate Condensed Milk
You can also use chocolate powder instead of the chocolate condensed milk in case you can’t find any available ones near you. Just use the regular condensed milk and use about half a cup of the chocolate powder and you’re good to go.
Chocolate Lumpia Toppings
For that additional chocolate-y or sweet taste for this delicious sweet lumpia, you have the option to add some toppings or some sauce with this.
Some suggestions you can try is of course the chocolate condensed milk itself, or some powdered sugar. As long as you can think of anything that will improve the taste of the chocolate spring roll, it is very much welcome.
To add some texture and contrast, you can also sprinkle these goodies with sesame seeds.
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Chocolate Turon (Chocolate Lumpia) Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 30 pcs large lumpia wrapper
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup chocolate condensed milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, or margarine
- sesame seeds, (optional) for topping
- powdered sugar, (optional) for topping
- 2 cups cooking oil, or as needed, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, pour-in the hot water, then add-in the butter, all-purpose flour, and chocolate condensed milk. Mix until well-incorporated and a thick consistency is achieved.
- In a flat workspace, place the lumpia wrappers. You have the option to cut the wrappers in half.
- Scoop a part of the mixture (1 to 3 tbsp, depending on size of lumpia wrapper) and then spread at the bottom center of the wrapper. Then roll upwards covering the chocolate filling and seal the edges. Repeat this step for the rest of the ingredients.
- In a cooking pan, pour-in and heat oil over low to medium heat. Cook until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving tray or serving plate. Drizzle with leftover chocolate sauce or powdered sugar. You may also sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂