Nothing is quite like a nice and warm weekend morning with some pancakes served on the table. So what if we change up these fluffy pancakes and make it with Milo?
If you’re a lover of the said chocolate beverage, I’m sure that these delicious treats will be addicting and you’ll look forward to the next time you’re going to prepare these. So continue to read the article below to see some tips and tricks on how to make the best fluffy Milo Pancakes!
What are Milo Pancakes?
A pancake is a type of flat cake which is often thin and round, commonly made out of eggs, milk, butter, some flour and baking powder to form a batter. It is a famous type of food which dates back to as early as the Stone Age, and has since then spread and modernized all around the world.
In this recipe, we are going to add a twist for the pancake and add Milo powder to make a chocolate-y pancake.
Milo, on the other hand, is a brand of chocolate and malt powder which is mixed with water or milk to make a drink. It is a popular drink here and is usually associated with breakfast meals to power up your day, especially with kids who are into sports.
Aside from making it into a beverage, this powdered chocolate is a perfect ingredient to use for other recipes, and more commonly for desserts, because of its sweet chocolatey taste. And it is a perfect substitute for having a choco-flavored donut.
How to Make the Milo Pancake?
Making Milo pancakes is basically the same as a typical pancake, but with the use of different ingredients, so if you’re already familiar with preparing some fluffy pancakes, you’re good. But if not, don’t worry! This is super easy to make and you’ll get it no time. Just make sure you have the right amount of ingredients so use a measure as much as possible.
First thing you need to do is to mix the ingredients to make it into a batter. If you lack two bowls, don’t worry because having two bowls is not that necessary, it just makes the process of mixing the ingredients easier. When you only have one bowl, just mix the dry ingredients first and then slowly incorporate the wet ingredients one by one while stirring the mixture.
For the part when you’re about to cook the batter, just pour the mixture slowly in the center of the pan for a smoother looking pancake and it will naturally take its round shape. A good indicator when you can flip the pancakes is when there are bubbles forming at the top and when the top is quite dry.
Milo Pancake Tips
- It is good to note that letting the batter rest for at least 10 minutes is actually beneficial. If you have ample time for preparing, you should not skip this because this gives the chance for the flour to hydrate and for the baking powder to activate. You can opt to prepare other ingredients or do other important things and this thing will be ready once you’re done.
- If you have a cast iron skillet with you, it is a good choice for pancakes because it easily browns the pancakes without the need for oil or butter.
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Milo Pancake Recipe
- Frying Pan
- ¼ cup Milo powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup fresh milk
- salt, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add-in the beaten egg, butter, and fresh milk. Whisk until well-incorporated and set aside.
- In another bowl, add-in the all-purpose flour, Milo powder, baking powder, white sugar, and salt. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Add-in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until a thick consistency is achieved.
- In a non-stick pan, grease it with oil or butter and apply medium heat.
- Pour in a part of the mixture (about ¼ cup). Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is dry and bubbles are formed. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat this step for the rest of the mixture.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serving tray. Serve with toppings or sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Pin and save this recipe to your Pinterest account! Click on the Pin button above 🙂
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE by clicking the stars and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂