If you want nuggets which are not your everyday nuggets type, but still have that fun and same texture of your usual nuggets, then you might want to try these–the Egg Nuggets!
There are a lot of things you can do with eggs. From sunny side ups, to mixing with other ingredients to create something new like cakes, or some breads, so it is no surprise that you can also make nuggets out of them.
In this recipe article, we will help you make your own upgraded version of the usual sunny side up without sacrificing too much budget–of course–made at home! You can get rid of your afternoon (or even midnight) cravings without doing so much effort at all.
So be sure to read the full article and know how to make this super easy recipe!
What are Egg Nuggets?
Perhaps Egg Fingers or Egg Sticks is a more popular name for this food. It’s basically the same, except for the shape. In this recipe, we’ll shape it into small rectangular nuggets. You can always make longer ones if you prefer those.
The egg nuggets are a cheaper alternative for the usual meaty nuggets–like chicken nuggets. This is basically made of two ingredients, which are the eggs, and some breadcrumbs. The only other additional ingredients you need are seasonings.
The fun part about these nuggets is the egg is going to be covered in, you guessed it–eggs. This will then be deep fried and then made into a crispy bite-sized goodness. They are best partnered with dips or sauces and the more common ones are ketchup and mayonnaise.
How to make Egg Nuggets?
To start making this quick and super easy egg nuggets, let’s break down the recipe procedure into two simple goals, so that it will be easier for you to visualize.
First goal is to steam the beaten eggs to solidify our filling for the nuggets, so we can then proceed to coat it with a batter.
Second goal is to cook it–simple as that! This can be done by either frying the nuggets or baking the nuggets.
This recipe also includes a video below. You can also visit our Youtube channel for more recipes!
Egg Nuggets Tips
- Make sure that the oil you use is fresh as much as possible. It is hard to maintain a fresh oil especially at home since most people do not deep fry food everyday. But take note that the longer the oil is exposed, the more likely that it can alter the taste of the food, so if you want to have good tasting nuggets, use fresh oil.
- You can bake these nuggets in the oven. If you don’t want to have oily food, or you simply do want to fry the nuggets, an option you can do is to bake them! Just preheat the oven at about 180 C and then bake both sides of the nuggets for 10 minutes each. Sure, it takes longer, but it saves you the hassle of cooking it on your own.
Notes on Ingredients
For an additional flavor for the taste of these egg nuggets, you can use some optional ingredients such as the garlic powder and the onion powder. These will give the familiar flavor and aroma of the traditional meat dishes with garlic and onion
You can also use other options of seasonings that are also good for this recipe, such as paprika, or chili powder and cayenne pepper if you want some spiciness for the nuggets.
Sauce or Dip
These delicious egg nuggets are at its best when partnered with the good old fashioned ketchup and mayonnaise! But if you’re feeling a bit extra, you can use other kinds of sauces you prefer.
Do you love nuggets? We have another quick and easy nugget recipe you can try: Canned Tuna Nuggets Recipe
For a quick reference about this recipe, see the recipe table below:
Egg Nuggets Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 8 pcs egg, beaten
- 1 cup cooking oil, or as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, add-in the beaten eggs, and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well-blended
- Transfer the egg mixture into a steamer-safe container. Place the container in a steamer, and then steam for 10 minutes until cooked. You can poke the egg with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. Let it cool.
- In a flat workspace, place the steamed egg and proceed to cut it into nugget shapes (you can also cut them into fingers shape).
- In two separate containers, add-in the raw egg, and the breadcrumbs separately.
- Coat the egg nuggets with the raw egg and then dredge with breadcrumbs.
- In a cooking pan, pour-in and heat cooking oil over low to medium heat.
- Add-in the egg nuggets. Cook until all sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serving tray and dry excess oil with paper towels. Serve with a dip of your choice and enjoy!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
Thank you and I hope you find this article useful! It’ll mean a lot if you RATE THE RECIPE below and SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂